rear break disc discovery 300 tdi

matto-disco-1

hiya guys could somebody help me please i went to do my rear discs on my discovery 1 300 tdi and removed the hub assembly then removed the 5 disc securing bolts , but the disc would not come free from the hub am i doing somthing wrong or is it just seised? many thanks matt

It will be seized. Do you need to reuse the disc? If not then then go all round it hitting with a big hammer while supported on a bench by the brake disk, making sure the hub is not suppored. Eventually the hub will drop out under its own weight. Don't be tempted to hit the hub to drift it out.

As Orgasmic Farmer says, it's just seized/corroded on. Usually it will come off if you give it a good twatting with a lump-hammer (my approach is to take the hub and bolt it back on to the wheel with a couple of the wheelnuts: then repeatedly hit the outer part of the exposed face of the disc all the way round - you're trying to rock the disc on the hub-spigot). Heat can help - though I once had to split the disc by cutting two slots in the thing with an angle-grinder and then driving steel wedges in to fracture it.

Make sure you clean up the hub-face before you fit the new disc: if the disc doesn't seat perfectly cleanly on the machined face of the hub, it will stress when you tighten the bolts and this can cause brake-judder.

As Orgasmic Farmer says, it's just seized/corroded on. Usually it will come off if you give it a good twatting with a lump-hammer (my approach is to take the hub and bolt it back on to the wheel with a couple of the wheelnuts: then repeatedly hit the outer part of the exposed face of the disc all the way round - you're trying to rock the disc on the hub-spigot). Heat can help - though I once had to split the disc by cutting two slots in the thing with an angle-grinder and then driving steel wedges in to fracture it.

Make sure you clean up the hub-face before you fit the new disc: if the disc doesn't seat perfectly cleanly on the machined face of the hub, it will stress when you tighten the bolts and this can cause brake-judder.