Compression Test Values

Did a compression test on my 3.5 V8 as its drinking water and oil. 136k miles. Test was done with engine warm, all plugs out. I done each test 3 times and took the average. Results:
Cylinder Dry Wet
1 140 139
2 138 152
3 140 150
4 145 153
5 138 145
6 150 162
7 150 153
8 142 153

What should the compression be for this engine? Looking at these I don't see any reason for head gasket blown - can a fault not show up on a compression test? huh.gif
I was assuming I was going to have to do an engine rebuild this summer but now not sure it's needed? undecided.gif

could still be headgasket.

could also be the waterpump, crack in block (hope not lol) radiator,heater matrix, hose, etc etc.

as for the oil use, the list is as long as your arm on that one.

if your worried about a failed headgasket i'd suggest getting a sniff test done, give you a answer either way.

Plugs looked ok. Nice chocolate colour. I took the car down my MOT station today and got them to put their emissions probe in the expansion tank to look for exhaust gases. There was no reading at all. So I think I have a coolant leak rather than head gasket issue.