brake pads

william

i have just changed the front pads in my 1998 range rover 4.6 hse and after pushing the brake pistons back. the brake abs,traction control,brake warning lights stay lit up i did loose some fluit from the plastic bottle ontop of the master cylinder but topped it up any ideas

No specific knowledge of the 38a but no brake system likes to have fluid forced back the wrong way!

It is quite possible to turn the seal over by doing this (ask me how I know :blush:). I find it's always best practice to crack the bleed nipple and let old fluid out into a jar when pushing the pistons back.

you haven't just nudged the ABS sensor on the wheels have you ? Tried pushing them back in?

The ABS system self tests from scratch on each start up, so if you log an error on the message centre on the dash, it'll not be there next time you start the vehicle. Are you actually getting ab ABS error message on the dash?

or are the lights simply not going out after you start the engine?

Have you taken it for a drive yet? The ABS lights wont go out until the car goes above 5mph - part of the startup test routine is to check whether the ABS sensors in the wheels can detect the wheels turning . . . which obviously it wont be able to if the car is just sitting on the drive.