P38 alarm issues .

P38 Paul

I have a P38 DSE m/y 2000 & the other week i had the n/s headlamp bulb blow , It was a nice easy job to do with no issues untill i came to use the alarm & lock the car . When i pressed the keyfob button to lock the car , I found the side lights were flashing instead of the indicators .The car seems to lock & unlock OK , But unless you are standing directly in front or behind the car , you cannot see the lights flash , whereas with the indicators you can see these flash no matter where you stand . Any ideas from you would be a great help .

I know that you can set alarm options in the becm, or at least you can with my nanocom - in the menu you can choose which lights are used to confirm alarm setting, perhaps the becm has been 'scrambled'.

Hth,

Dave.

They aren't cheap I'm afraid.

You can get a cheapo obd reader off flea-bay, but this will only give you generic codes not manufacturer specific ones, plus you probably won't be able to reset codes.

Google 'black box solutions' - very nice kit that will do just about anything you can think of, but at a price.

'Hawkeye' is another popular choice.

Just remember the early P38's aren't truly OBD compliant so non specific readers can struggle to talk to the various systems. Post MY96 vehicles should be OBD compliant which gives more options, but hey this is a LR so who can say!

I can't see your location as I'm using the mobile forum version - if your anywhere near NN3 then give me a shout and you can use my reader, though you will need a different licence and cable to work with a Thor.

My local lr dealers charge around £70 just to read the codes which soon adds up. My closest independant that can read the P38 only charges £10 a go but is half an hour drive away.

Dave.