Handbrake warning lights

duncmc

Anyone got any ideas please to help me solve a problem.

When I pull the handbrake on I should have 2 warning bulbs light up on the dash. Recently I only get 1 which is the auto transmission fluid light. The other which doesn't come on is the handbrake warning/brake fluid level lamp.

I know the bulb itself works because it lights up when I turn the ignition on as part of the ABS check warning lights. And I know the micro switch on the handbrake is working because the transmission light comes on as I pull the handbrake on.

I have had a look at the wire on the handbrake switch which looks OK, but I don't know what to check next.

I am puzzled.

Anyone got any ideas please?

Its a 1993 RRC auto with ABS.

Thanks

Eventually I managed to fix this fault.:)

Last weekend I actually took the micro-switch off the handbrake lever to check it. And of course it was fine.

After more searching on Google, I found no answer to the problem, but mention of connections from this circuit to the brake level circuit.

So today I cleaned the contacts on the brake level sensor (which had got contaminated with brake fluid at some point). I used contact cleaner, and hey presto - 2 working lights when the handbrake is on. Sorted!