300tdi water problem then dumped oil

Jim1

Assistance please Disco 300tdi was loosing water diagnosed head gasket fault. Changed the head gasket now the problems, the cooling system won't bleed but appear to be pressurised and now dump the engine oil, this appears to come from the pipe below the turbo to block. Any ideas why / how this has happen and what do I do now?

odd one this, I'd say the gasket is at fault, either ill made or poorly fitted or the block or head is distorted. Jim, sorry but I think you are going to have to remove the head and start over again, use a quality straight edge - a 3mm thick 1 metre ruler is what I use and draw it over the head after painting on a film of engine blue, if its flat the blue will be removed, same for the block and look for corrosion arround the triangular water-ways between cylinders 1-2; 2-3 and 3-4, if they are pitted with corrosion a simple but effective cure is carefully painting them (the pitting) in with nail polish, on my next engine rebuild I'm going to look ar welding these up as they dont connect to corresponding waterways in the head and air will often be trapped in them causing this corrosion and a subsequent weak link to the nearest cylinder.

Thanks guys It was the new head gasket a crack between the waterway and cyls. 3 and 2 when head was removed cyl. 2, 3 full of water, new gasket fitted now sorted Disco running fine. As for the oil dump it was the swaged joint at the block end of the pipe from the bottom of the turbo, good job I had a spare.