Cargo track/Partition track- 2 x 3M £41.75 with vat and postage!

I used some of this as tie down points in the back of my 110 station wagon.

One length is enough for both sides in the back of the station wagon.

Good cheap solution.

Ive the other length waiting to go in my latest 110.

I did find that not all ratchet tie down hooks would fit.

I had to stretch some hooks in the vice so they would fit.

The small claw type are best.

Gordon

Hi Gordon...I've been looking at the various types for months now (my latest 'crusade') and settled on these.....
The aircraft type of track looks the stronger option but can only really be used with fittings designed for the track and that

escalates the cost IMO EJ..

I wanted something you could use elasticated hooks with for the light stuff and ratchet tie downs for the heavy stuff.
I would have gone with alloy 'T' section which is even cheaper per mtr but there was a 2-4 week wait for it (Valueframe.co.uk)
Am going to put 2 1300mm lengths on one side of the 110, with a few more bits elsewhere.....

"make it fit" is one of my gospels too!

Gary

You're right yes it could escalate the cost. Its £28 for 2m of the stuff, and rings will set you back £4 or £8 each. My initial installation will therefore cost me £44 plus delivery for the 2 meter lengths I need for the 88's wheelboxes and 4 rings, but I like the fact that the Mudstuff tracking does have the option of studs, with which things can be bolted to the side rather than strapped. I have some quite special things to move around, which are a bit awkward to strap too!

Hi EJ, The sliding studs are a great idea! I have a Laycorn chest which I would like to secure to the side on occasions and, if

you use straps you cant open the lid but, I have two short lengths of alloy C/T channel which I am going to secure to the 2 vertical

side 'stiffeners' in the 110....it will take 8mm hole zebedee nuts that you see in industrial cable tray instalations, and bolt some van tie down rings

to the track...
Have also got some of these hooks to try in the partition track for cam lock straps too...

post-4824-0-31464700-1380269589_thumb.jpg

Yes those are the claw hooks Ive looked at.

There are some light use ratchet straps Ive seen around with those very ends already stitched on that are on my wanted list.

Gordon

Hi Gordon, are these the ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180990064712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I will need to shorten the ends for a better grip....

Those are the ones and thats a good price. Half of what ive seen when I was looking for them before.

I think ill grab some of ebay.

Got to get the rails in my latest 110 as I hate not being able to secure stuff in the back.

The dog doesnt like boxes tumbling into him either.

Are yours on the floor?

I put mine on the sides of the wheel boxes against the floor.

I also want to work out a way to run a couple of lengths along under the rear windows as well.

Once thats done I was thinking about making some kind of barrier that clips into the rail to seperate the load area and keep the luggage towards the dog guard behind the passenger seats. So the dog has room right at the back. Along the lines of those sprung extendible poles that clip into this sort of tracking in lorries.

A "T" shaped piece of ply with the poles attached to the top and bottom to slip into the track.

I found the people I bought my 2 lengths of tracking from

http://www.nationwide-trailer-parts.co.uk/zinc-plated-1806-track.html

I also got some of the plastic ends to tidy it up.

Gordon

Hi Gordon! Thanks for the link, I've saved it!

Isn't that strange?..my priority is my dogs safety too!
On my last trip to Scotland I had her in her crate strapped to

the back of the bulkhead.so I could ask her for directions etc...

But letting her out was a bit awkward over plastic boxes etc, so

Have decided to put a drawer under the 6' x 4' bed base and stow a lot

of cooking gear in the side locker and other stuff down the right hand side!

Have just fitted a rail below where your window would be and its a bit awkward...
Couldn't see a way of screwing track to the lip on the tub so had to screw it to

the lip on the bottom of the side panel...(bottom row of holes in the track)

Will put up some pics (excuse the mess lol!)

Gary

I'm fitting false storage area between the wheelboxes in The 109 which we're converting to a weekend camper - when I get its brakes and gearbox sorted out! One 'issue' that has come about is that the wife is demanding a ladder - not for her but for the dog. Ours is German Shepard, pure bred, and if you know anything about them it's that they suffer with hip displace-sure, and the wife is concerned about the continual jumping up and down in the standard 88 and what effect it might have on her hips. Just a thought.

When we first got our Utonagan we were told all large breeds should be treated with care when they were young and not over exercised So as the defender I had at the time was quite a long way up to get into I used one of those plastic extending ramps.

He got very heavy very quickly so lifting was out of the question.

We also had a large dog cage in the back for him.

The cage sat on a plywood shelf across the wheel arches so we had a void underneath.

The ramp was kept under the shelf so the sliding ramp just had to be pulled out and extended for the dog to climb up.

There was also enough room for a long shallow plastic crate to be slid in next to it for all my recovery gear.

Im sure when he gets old Ill end up using it again.

Gordon

I'm fitting false storage area between the wheelboxes in The 109 which we're converting to a weekend camper - when I get its brakes and gearbox sorted out! One 'issue' that has come about is that the wife is demanding a ladder - not for her but for the dog. Ours is German Shepard, pure bred, and if you know anything about them it's that they suffer with hip displace-sure, and the wife is concerned about the continual jumping up and down in the standard 88 and what effect it might have on her hips. Just a thought.

Hi EJ! This is what you need!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dog-Ramp-Folding-Pet-Ramps-165-x-43-cm-80kg-/271233986018?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Toasters&hash=item3f26ce2de2

And as Gordon says, stick it under your drawer/storage area!