Fitting soft top clamp rail

Well this weekends job was to start fitting the hardware for the soft top. Where do you position the clamp rail. Looks like it should be sat forward, but then the clamps would be in the thick part of the header and looks like they would not fit. Sat back it doesn't look right. The instructions don't show it. Like a bit of guidance please before I drill some oles...

IMG_20131102_075948.jpg

IMG_20131102_075921.jpg

IMG_20131102_075911.jpg

This is an old picture I found of mine if it helps. Unfortunately I'm out of the country but can always ask my brother to get some more pics if required.

It appears to be mounted in the same place as your first picture. I have a feeling there were either a couple of holes drilled in the surround, or some dimples that seemed to line up with the holes in the top rail so I went with them. Never had any problems with mine as it is.

Harry

IMG_5162_zpsdb8fb00c.jpg