Clutch Switch

LR NUT

Needing some help chaps drove my Freelander 1 2005 TD4 today and just as I was away to pull away from the roundabout the clutch pedal sprung up. Cars still driving fine and their is no clutch slippage at all. Looked underneath the footwell pedals cant see anything damaged or broken.

Found the clutch pedal rests on a black switch which I presume is the clutch switch. I think this is broken because if I push the switch up and hold it the clutch pedal rests at normal position. If I let go of it the pedal springs up. There seems to be some sort of sliding mechanism within the clutch switch which has failed.

Can anyone shed some light on this if I am correct and even provide me with a replacment part number?

Cheers folks as I need the freelee for the snow which is just around the corner ;-)

post-15037-0-16197900-1392839778_thumb.jpg

AS it happens my clutch did exactly the same. I don't believe the return of the clutch peddle stop should be made up against this small switch. I can't see any thing else that the peddle stops against. Now that the ratchet has failed the peddle is not in line with the other peddles but considerably a lot higher? Can any one confirm this is normal. I will be removing the peddle assembly during the coming week (weather permitting) and will advise :mellow: