Land Rover for a funeral

Very sadly a friend of considerable character, James, was recently killed in London. While not a committed off roader or Land Rover rivet counter, Land Rovers had always been part of his and his family’s life. James’ widow would like to have his body taken to the funeral in a Land Rover to emphasis his joy for life and the fact he was never one for the mainstream.

I am looking for a LWB series 1, 2 or 3 (either with or without driver) that the family could borrow for a couple of hours on the day. It doesn’t need to be show standard, but clean, presentable, all one colour and not modified, a clean original looking car.

The funeral will be in Dorset and at the moment I can be no more accurate than to say 4 – 6 weeks’ time. If you can help, please PM or email me at tim@spearmen.co.uk

Hi Tim,

I cannot help directly, but these people do this for a living:

http://www.4x4funerals.co.uk/

From their website, they do have a a series 1 107 for this kind of thing.

Alternatively, would you like me to move this thread to the international forum, as it is likely to attract more attention?

Daan

edit:just moved it with a copy in series.

Edited by Daan