disco 300tdi 1995 n

mickskeels47

hi iv just got a 300tdi discovery 95 n reg to problems I have is when I go over a pot hole the hazard lights start flashing cant stop it unless I stop take key out then put it back in restart car the back to normal any idears please all so abs light comes on goes off for five min then back on help please

Hello,

Couple of things to cover then...

• The hazard lights flashing are likely to be the inertia switch located down in the passenger footwell/kick panel area. Have a search online for inertia switch related threads.
  • The ABS light is likely to be one of two things, wheel bearing play allowing the sensor ring/sensor air gap to go out of spec. This is common. If not that, it could be a faulty sensor. The good news is that the sensors seem to be getting more reasonably priced at the moment!

Good luck troubleshooting.

Scott

The inertia switch is solid state (grrrrr) and designed as a "safety feature" if you have an accident the hazard lights automatically switch on and the electric door locks, if locked - unlatch - !!!! possibly a great idea for a city car but if you drive over deep corrugations or pot holes its a pain, you can bypass it but in doing so you negate the device. Live with it or by-pass the unit with a bridge wire, a cut down paper clip is the easy way, from fudged memory between connections 4 and 10 (I think) but the way to do it is in a thread.