Repainting query but not the 'normal' type!

Evening all,

I have an ex-mod 90 that I repainted successfully a good few years back. It needs doing again after the great British weather and many greenlaning and pay and play days have taken their toll. I'd like to do it early spring next year when the weather warms up sufficiently and I'll be sanding it down, removing glass etc and doing a good job. I hope.

Last time I had access to a friends large, dry, secure garage however she has since moved on and I have moved to the South West (Bristol). I now have no garage, no drive (very busy on street parking) and don't know anyone with a garage.

What is the etiquette (if there even is one!) for asking farms etc if I could 'rent' a barn or large covered space for a week or 2? Would you just turn up and ask? I am clearly not from the countryside (northern mining town origionally!) Does anyone reside in or near Bristol who might have some space I could use to sand and repaint?

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance