Diff lock warning light

JimDay

I have spent ages going through the forums to find a solution but not found anything related to my problem which is the warning light for the diff lock on my 300TDi Discovery does not work I have removed the centre console & the gear linkage cover plate & it would appear all is working the linkage does not seem to be seized up as it all moves when the lever is operated but on checking for power to the switch it's dead is the switch fed from the bulb & could it just be a blown dash bulb looking at the Haynes book of myths & legends it would appear the black with blue tracer wire at the switch, should be live with the ignition on & the black wire is earth, but there is no feed

Has anyone else had this problem or has my Disco thrown me another curve ball

Thanks in advance

Go to the RAVE manual, the power supply comes from the switch to the bulb and from there to earth. Chances are the switch is not being activated by the lever inside the box, sometimes you have to add or remove the sealing washers to get it to activate.