300 Tdi Radiator

MuddyWinny

The radiator on my Landrover is looking rather tired with most of the fins missing. Given that the electric fan kicks in especially when green laining, it's time I it was changed or re-cored.

Having heard about a number of problems with the plastic header tank version I was looking to see if I could buy a brass one or have my one re-cored. LR Direct have confirmed that they on'y sell the plastic header tank types.

Can anyone help me with the following questions:

1. Does anyone know where I can get my radiator re-cored in Essex? I have had one quote of £240 cash and no guarantee...

2. What experience have people had with the plastic header tank types? Is there a brand that is recommended?

As far as I can tell BTP2275 is the part number (there only seems to be one 300Tdi radiator)

Thanks

Mark

I had a metal one off a RRC 3.9 recored by a chap near Milton Keynes some years ago. It seems he left some bits inside the oil cooling side and they eventually cost me an automatice gearbox. So when I needed a rad for our 300TDI Discovery I had a new Nissens one, not withstanding the plastic caps. It has been on some three years now and seems fine.

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to get through to a company in Colchester that would recore the radiator for £110 +VAT but maybe it's not the way to go.

LR Direct sell a Nissens branded radiator so maybe tempting.

Did you flush the new radiator out with brake fluid and an air line before fitting?

Mark