M51 engine issues

craigrobbo

Hey Guys

So i have done an engine swap with an M51 (from the P38/BMW e36/ Omega)from a 318TDS to a 325TDS (confirmed the engine ran before swapping) I did a partial strip down of the engine to clean it up (didn't strip the fuel pump though).

I have now put the lump into the car but I am having major issues with getting fuel at the injectors.

I have cracked of all the injector pipes to the injectors and getting no fuel.

The injection pump is full of fuel and appears to have no air in the tank to pump circuit, I have the return line with fuel in and a good supply (without air) to the pump.

I fear that this maybe relating to the immobilizer/EWS (I have taken EWS module from the donor car and the chip too)

The only other thing is that I may have something plugged in wrong somewhere, but this seems unlikely due to most of the plugs being specific to each location (non interchangeable plugs.)

I have done many engine conversions successfully but this is really baffling me!

Would anyone at all be able to help please.

Thank you in advance.

Can't help you re the engine swap, but a friend recently had trouble starting a diesel Freelander. It ran before being put into the garage for a few weeks and then wouldn't start. It was turning over, and diesel was pumping from the injectors, but not a lot. In the end it turned out that the main earth strap to the engine had broken, so not enough current was flowing to allow the engine to start.

As you will have disturbed earths, could it be an earth problem?