aux lighting

gsr341

hello :)

im in the proccess of fitting some spot lights to the front and rear of my landy as well as plumbing in the rear locker and comp ,

i plan on using the spare spaces of the fuse board , is the supply to the board big enougth to cope with the spots beeing on ,, or do i need to rub a bigger supply to them from the batt

cheers GSR

I would definately think about putting in a small additional fusebox - nothing fancy, but one from Vehicle wiring products with ref FBB16U can be fixed to one which will hold relays. That way you can be sure that all of the wiring/fuse holders/fuses/relays are up to the job.

As a side issue, I have just finished fitting my X-eng lights which I think are absolutely excellent. (This might be a shameless plug, but I think that the product and company are great) I will post up a picture as soon as I have finished wiring them up.....

cheers for your reply , i had thought of adding another fuse/relay board ,

does any one know of some sort of power distrubution board or do you all just usally link the lives in to one another in the fuse/relay board ?

As a side issue, I have just finished fitting my X-eng lights which I think are absolutely excellent. (This might be a shameless plug, but I think that the product and company are great) I will post up a picture as soon as I have finished wiring them up.....

thats exactally what i want to wire in :)

Don't know about anybody else, but I have fitted the aux fuse box + attached relay box just behind the passenger seat. I then run a power from the battery under the seat to the different fuses (kind of like a chain) and then on to the relay. From there it goes to the lights (in 2 pairs) It isn't particularly cheap to do initially, but it is a very neat way of doing it, and easily expandable when I decide that I need something else which requires more power/fuses. Can e-mail you some pics if you would like....