2004 disco. td5 power loss and misfire on start sometimes.

kaijun

I have been trying to sort out this issue for a long time. At the beginning I thought it was caused by old MAF, I have disconnected MAF. After more than one month' driving, this problem didn't happen, then I changed a new MAF, unfortunately this problem comes back again in three days, it happens sometimes. I have cleaned oil at the red connector of ECU and changed the injector harness and the fuel regulator. It seems it has no enough fuel to kick off engine, afterwards it comes normal. I am not sure which one should be diagnosed next.

• Like 1

Could be failing injector seals causing bubbles of combustion-gases to be entrained in the high pressure fuel-rail. Poor starting and hesitation are the classic symptoms of this.

Is the in-tank fuel pump making any noticeable noise? You should *just* be able to hear it whirring. Any screaming noises, or swishing/gurgling/bubbling - is a bad sign.

Does doing a fuel-system purge cycle before you try to start the engine make any difference?

Could be failing injector seals causing bubbles of combustion-gases to be entrained in the high pressure fuel-rail. Poor starting and hesitation are the classic symptoms of this. Is the in-tank fuel pump making any noticeable noise? You should *just* be able to hear it whirring. Any screaming noises, or swishing/gurgling/bubbling - is a bad sign. Does doing a fuel-system purge cycle before you try to start the engine make any difference?

Thanks! Tanuki. There was no noise. Why doesn't this problem happen if the MAF is unplugged? This problem used to happen in 2/3 minutes after driving.