LT 77 Gear change

Bigwood

L-Reg Disco 200TDI with an LT77 gearbox I think. The gear change has become dificult to find gears, ie , it is hard to tell wether youre in first or reverse, as if the detent spring is missing. And the reverse lights are stuck on . I have upset a lot of other motorists so far this evening , Bigwood. :wub:

I have had a look at the web site mentioned ,thanks. I dont think my problems are as bad as they sugest. As I said it feels like there is no resistance or spring pressure to stop me going into reverse in stead of 1st. From 3rd to 2nd it springs across but goes to far left. Yes mine is an LT77 box. If this is like the older boxes in the series landy I think there was a detent spring on the side of the box. That was a long time ago these newer boxes are still teaching me there tricks. :wacko:

hi

have you taken the center console off and had a look at the spring and reversing switch

7 screws and maybe pop rivets,or screws depending on weather anyone has had to do anything to the gearbox

only takes 15-20minutes and you can see the top and if there's nothing wrong there, you've started to take the gearbox out.

last jan i had to put a gearbox in my disco i got mine from Landy Ltd i've had no problems

i covered 25,000 miles since then

Tim.

hi

have you taken the center console off and had a look at the spring and reversing switch

7 screws and maybe pop rivets,or screws depending on weather anyone has had to do anything to the gearbox

only takes 15-20minutes and you can see the top and if there's nothing wrong there, you've started to take the gearbox out.

last jan i had to put a gearbox in my disco i got mine from Landy Ltd i've had no problems

i covered 25,000 miles since then

Tim.

Disco now booked into Famous Four on thursday. They think the fault is as Ashcroft sugest so heres hoping , will keepyou posted , Bigwood, ;)

Disco now booked into Famous Four on thursday. They think the fault is as Ashcroft sugest so heres hoping , will keepyou posted , Bigwood, ;)

Lots of thanks to Famous Four ,it was the bias spring plate that was broken. Cheep parts fitted quikly car left clean and tidy and they are paying for a reverse light switch, the terminal broke off when they re-conected it. Next job noisy starter motor. I have a local pet Auto Electrician who will re-build it for me if posable. I can use his place to remove it rather than doing it at home or work so it will be nice and warm and dry. Still looking for a bottle jack for sensable money :D

Lots of thanks to Famous Four ,it was the bias spring plate that was broken. Cheep parts fitted quikly car left clean and tidy and they are paying for a reverse light switch, the terminal broke off when they re-conected it. Next job noisy starter motor. I have a local pet Auto Electrician who will re-build it for me if posable. I can use his place to remove it rather than doing it at home or work so it will be nice and warm and dry. Still looking for a bottle jack for sensable money :D

Just won abottle jack for £18 on E Blag.Posty person is going to love me. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
Just won abottle jack for £18 on E Blag.Posty person is going to love me. :wacko:

Backed out of workshop this afternoon to be told by my mate youre Gearbox has gone again ********. IE, reversing lights on permanatly gear change gone all flopy. I hope this purely coincedence, not the route to trouble. Famous Four will be receving a phone call in the mornoing. Typicaly I was going to see my Dad to show of my new toy next weekend. :huh:

Backed out of workshop this afternoon to be told by my mate youre Gearbox has gone again ********. IE, reversing lights on permanatly gear change gone all flopy. I hope this purely coincedence, not the route to trouble. Famous Four will be receving a phone call in the mornoing. Typicaly I was going to see my Dad to show of my new toy next weekend. :huh:

Further to my last all the way to work at 5.30 AM ,1 mile , sloppy gearchange. 0800 moved truck out of workshop to dockside car park, 100 yds, gear change normal. Famous Four as confused as me. Let us have a progress report after new year. I think I will buy a new plate and springs to keep in stock. A storeman I used to work with used to say we will have that in stock so we wont need it . His thinking being if you need it we wont have it, on this pricepal I never caught him out. :wacko: