Disco 2 TD5 ECU heeeelp!!!

yget

Hi all,

I have a 2000 Disco TD5 and had to replace the ECU. The original patr number was MSB101184 the replacement that was shipped to me was NNN500250. I took the new unit to the mechanic and we installed it using T4 Diagnostics. However we are getting incorrect hardware detected. T4 states that the allowed parts are NNN000120 and NNN500020. What is confusing is that I have seen sites like Britcars stating the NNN500250 superseded NNN500020. I am a bit confused. Is there a way to remap NNN500250 to work on my Disco using T4?? Any advise would be welcome as I do not want to buy another ECU.

What is even more frustrating is in Addisi Ababa there is only 1 garage with T4 diagnostic.

See here http://www.web-rover.co.uk/nav.php?p=td5kb/ecufarce might help or perhaps get in touch with IRB Developments or Bell Auto Services who might be able to help.

See also here http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=31946

I have seen this error msg when trying to use an ECU out of a manual vehicle in an auto vehicle, which the T4 doesn't allow. What is your vehicle, auto or manual? Problem may also be that the T4 software is out of date and doesn't recognise the later part number if NNN500250 has only come out since that version of the software was written.

The NNN500020 is normally found in a Defender so I don't know whether they even sent you the right ECU, might be worth checking with whoever supplied it. Swapping them from Defender to Discovery does some odd things like the gauges not working properly, from what I remember.

My Disco is a manual trans. If i do a search for NNN500250 it comes up as a Disco/Diff TD5 ecu. I will e-mail IRB and see what they say. By the way the version on of T4 my garage is using is 5.06 does anyone know what the latest version is??