Info sought on Genuine LR 300tdi retrofit conversions/re-power kits

Hi,

I'm trying to source information on the Genuine Parts 300Tdi retrofit kits which I believe were offered by Land Rover in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I am looking for part numbers, old adverts, old invoices/memos, anything I can get my hands on. Depending on who I have spoken to these either included the short bellhousing R380 or a standard R380 and relocated engine mounts.

This was asked on the LRO forums and a chap there added the following post:

They were available right through into the mid 2000's, I had one fitted into my 90 in Oct 2004 and they were available for a year or two after that (the 300TDi only stopped production a few years ago and had been made in Brazil for some time).

The kit was extensive and included everything required to make it look factory original. Fully dressed engine, mounts, wiring & pipework, airbox, exhaust, gearbox cross-member, R380 gearbox, rad & intercooler, header-tank, PAS pump & pipework, prop-shafts, tunnel, floor-panels, timer-relay etc etc. The only thing not included was the transfer-box but I had a new Disco unit fitted at the same time and it suits the vehicle fantastically. I did some shopping around and fully fitted it was £6.5K but for that I had to travel down to the end of Cornwall, I could have had it done locally but the cost was much greater (the dealer effectively carried out the work at a very low hourly rate to keep a flow of work through the workshop). It also came with the LR Genuine Parts 12-month warranty.

Prior to this the 200TDi was available as an engine conversion only as of course that mated up to the earlier gearbox.

I already have the info on 200tdi into ninety/one-ten (part number STC939D), fitting instructions available here http://pdfcast.org/pdf/defender-diesel-turbo-tdi-engine-kit-fitting-instructions-stc939d but am desperate to find anything I can on the 300 version. I have a good relationship with a Land Rover dealer so if I can get any reference numbers or part numbers I should be able to do the rest.

Many thanks indeed.

I made the earlier reply and I was looking through my invoice only yesterday but unfortunately can't find a list & part number of every item that was fitted.

Check out the Parts Dept 'Special Offers' section at Keith Gott, they are currently listing many of the parts that were fitted on the 300TDi conversion.

I made the earlier reply and I was looking through my invoice only yesterday but unfortunately can't find a list & part number of every item that was fitted.

Check out the Parts Dept 'Special Offers' section at Keith Gott, they are currently listing many of the parts that were fitted on the 300TDi conversion.

Thanks Litch, I didn't realise you were on here too. JUst looking at Keith Gott's site now. I even bought a Defender parts manual, thought if I looked up the 200tdi conversion by part number in the index that it would point me in the right direction for the 300 one, but no avail -neither are listed.

Hi, I'm trying to find an archive of technical service bulletins.

Specifically I'm looking for the Land Rover instructions for the installation of the 300Tdi retrofit kit. Thanks to a great shout from Litch, I've been able to buy the rarest parts from this kit (relocated engine mounts with template and the adapter kit to alter the transmission tunnel to accept 300Tdi panels. Both parts came with instructions for their fitting which were photopied from a larger manual/bulletin - so I am after the rest of the information.

Unfortunately the supplier didn't have the rest of the manual.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Just so you know the sort of thing I'm talking about I've attached photos of the info I have so far with Land Rover headers, page 2 of the pamphlet is for the engine mount, pages 3-6 is the instructions for the transmission tunnel mods.

post-32732-0-86610900-1313513192_thumb.jpg

post-32732-0-81607400-1313513212_thumb.jpg