White smoke in oil dipstick

Today I noticed that my oil dipstick is blowing some white smoke constantly. The only thing that have changed recently is that the tube coming from the exhaust to the EGR is completly broken and was repaired temporary (yesterday) with some kind of resine. I hope I can cut and block it tomorrow and see if the smoke disappears, but I'm really worried on this being worn rings or cracked head (no loss of antifreeze, however....). Another thing is the oil cooler broke like a month ago, we cleaned the engine the best way we could, however.... how can I check if PCV is blocked?

well I reads this yesterday and though I'm not really qualified to answer this sort of thing, here's what I think:

I wouldn't have thought that you'd have damaged anything much by the pipe to the inlet from the EGR breaking, only the turbo possibly overspeeding, but I'd think it needs quite a sustained period of that to really damage it.

if you stopped when the oil cooler line broke and it didn't fully pump all it's oil out then it also shouldn't be the problem as without oil, the first thing that'd happen I'd think would be that the bearings and crank would get scored.

to check if the PCV is blocked, (I'm not even sure there's a valve per se, I've not heard of one, but I'm sure a responsible adult will be allong some time to correct me) I'd think just sticking you hand over the oil filler cover whilst the engine is running should show if the engine is breathing excessively (it should be all black and oily when yu take your hand away if it is......)..... otherwise you could pull the pipe that goes from the engine breather to the intake manifold off at the manifold end and hold something in front of it (clean) as I wouldn't like to say how hot the oil vapour would be, also if the valve was blocked, wouldn't it force oil out of the dip stick tube?

not sure I've really helped much, just thrown my ideas about......

My first move would be to smell the smoke, you should be able to tell the difference between diesel smoke and steam. I would suspect badly worn rings dropping the compression ratio and thus allowing partially combusted diesel into the crank case and thus out of the dipstick tube.