Britpart Lynx

I asked this question as a follow on in the Disco forum, would anyone on here happen to know the answer.

"Just to confirm, after purchasing the Lynx product specific for a certain model (in my case a defender) which arrives with activation code included in the paperwork, I then have to contact Britpart before I can get that code activated?"

The Activation code is normally given out by the Lynx support team after purchase of the product. If someone has already requested the code,and you have bought their Lynx, then you should be good to go - just enter the activation code on your system when installing.... 

It's a brand new unit Joe which came with an the activation code for a Defender consisting of 16 characters in blocks of 4, each block separated using a hyphen, I inputted the code as it was written hyphens and all, I'll try again later but next time not bother including the hyphens to see if that makes a difference.  

That doesn't sound right. 16 characters in blocks of 4 is not the activation code - thats the "unlock code" which ships with the unit on an 'unlock' card. Sounds like you still need the activations code from lynx support which (in my case anyway) is 20 characters in 4 blocks. You'll need to send them the 'activation form' and they will return the activation code. Yes I know, why have an unlock code and an activation code - just weird!

Hmm, it should just be a matter of following the onscreen instructions for the input of all the codes - at least it was for mine. As this appears to have failed the only option is to contact the helpdesk, which you have done. It will be interesting to see how you get on with this - it sounds like this problem might be tricky to cover with emails, I wonder if they offer any telephone support? Good luck and keep us informed

Omitec didn't get back to me so I uninstalled then reinstalled the software and tried once again inputting the activation code in the format it was sent to me  "7T*** 2Y*** ZD*** 8B***", (asterisks replacing characters in case Omitec take a thick one at me quoting the full code) 20 characters in total in 4 blocks of 5, each with a space in between, once again it failed. So then I tried the code as just 20 characters without any spaces....low & behold it activated.

Now maybe it's just me but the code quoted above is a direct cut & paste from the Omitec email I was sent and it suggested to me it was 4 separate blocks of 5 characters each separated with one press of the keyboard space bar, if there's not supposed to be any spaces why not format the frigging code that way!

Edited by gerrymc123

Glad you solved it, must admit I don't remember having problems with the codes, but I do know that often the Omnitec instructions could be clearer in some areas. Anyway, now you'll be able to see those lovely stored fault codes (topside fault anyone?).