Temp Gauge Wire routes?

joe1

Just looking at a Def 90 F reg, where someone has disconnected loads of wiring, and trying to put it all back the way it was. This pic shows what I think are the 12v feed to the temp gauge and  the blue/green that should go from gauge to the sender (the part of the bulkhead in the pic that these wires come through is just behind the brake m/cylinder).  However these wires are not connected to anything at all! And I can't see any obvious points of connection. Also, when I traced the sender unit wiring back it appears to go through a multiplug and enter the bulkhead along with a lot of other multiplug wires in the centre of the bulkhead. Duh! So what should the standard set-up be? Thanks for any light you might be able to shine on this

002_zpsdtjhv9uh.jpg

The single wire is blue/green, the twin wires are green.  I should have said that vehicle originally was an NA diesel and has had 300tdi fitted as a conversion (so could these hanging wires be from the previous set-up? 

plain green is a fused ign switched supply. they are spare connections, my '89 110 has got them as well. as the main/dash area loom is common to all 90/110, with changes to some additional wiring for left/right hand drive & petrol or diesel engines.

the single wire will be for the original engines temp sender, IIRC it was located at the left rear vetically in to cylinder head. see item 1 in http://www.albrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=G02100&CAR=L1&SPRACHE=EN