Seat Base support split

Kes86

The rubber and canvas base seat support that spring loads the drivers seat in my 300tdi split suddenly yesterday. :blink:

I have tried to repair it with EVO Stick and a sheet of thick rubber but it has failed again.

Any idea who would supply a new one or is it a dealer part.

I have tried all the obvious suspects websites but to no avail

Exmoor Trim would be a good place to start, if anybody has it they probably will - though I am not exactly sure which bit you mean. It may also be a dealer part but aftermarket is likely to be cheaper.

I was struggling to describe it.

I mean the canvas square that clips with metal hooks into the seat frame and holds the foam seat base cushion up off the floor.

I will ring exmoor tommorrow i have the chance of a 200tdi seat, if the pad is the same I can swap them over. if not i will have to try the dealer.

Cheers

Update.

I went to the local LR dealer. They sell the seat base for a 300Tdi as a whole unit for £250.00 but they do sell the diaphragm ( think thats what it is called) for the electric seats for £17.00 so hopefully it will fit, if not I will make it fit.

K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry it has been a while

No it did not fit. So I used tie wraps. 2 on each hook and tied to the seat frame. this has worked fine. my mate with a simmilar car had the same trouble a month later, he used metal hooks and lengthened the rods.

Both are working fine, and both are mutch comfier than the original.

I am changing to a TD5 in the near future, but my dad is having the car off me, hopefully will last a while.