Front Wiper woes

Hi all,

Been outside this evening to try and fix the Wipers on my 1998 110

I've only had it a week and the wipers are playing up. They will not park correctly when I return the stalk to the 'off' position, they just stop as soon as I turn the stalk off. This happens in all three postions - fast (!), Normal and Intermitent.

According to the bills I've got it had new wiper motor about 2 weeks ago. I've had the dash apart and it does look new. I've also checked the stalk itself but this looks OK.

Could the garage (non LR) fitted it incorrectly - is there a way to check? Also, is there a relay on the circuit -I looked in the fuse box and in the engine bay, but could'nt find it? Perhaps this is the cause??

I've looked in the Tech archive but could'nt see what I was looking for - can anyone help???

cheers

Gavin

the relay is for the intermittent wipe function & should be behind the main [under dash] fusebox, it has nothing to do with wiper parking, you need a new park switch on the motor LR part number 520160, maybe yours isn't fitted correctly or has just decided to give up.

fix it, switch isn't that expensive & you'll be much happeir not trying to second guess the wiper motor.

Thanks for the rapid replies :D

Doesn't the switch come with the new motor???? or is moved across when a new one is fitted?

Thanks for the rapid replies :D

Doesn't the switch come with the new motor???? or is moved across when a new one is fitted?

comes pre-attached to the new motor or it should do, double check yours it's a translucent white plastic block that clicks into the motor body next to the electrical connection.

comes pre-attached to the new motor or it should do, double check yours it's a translucent white plastic block that clicks into the motor body next to the electrical connection.

Can you see it with the wiper in-situ? I could see a white plug which plugged into a 'yellowish' block - that was the main wiring (4 of them I think) which came from behind the dash.

Can you see it with the wiper in-situ? I could see a white plug which plugged into a 'yellowish' block - that was the main wiring (4 of them I think) which came from behind the dash.

Yes, this diagram should help.

park switch is item 3

post-20-1185657821_thumb.jpg

as ^^^ Luke says, it just clicks in.

Ordered one from BeamEnds along with some 'fir tree' clips for the headlining....to replace the ones that are bound to break when I remove the front headlining to try and find where the leak from the the roof/sunroof is coming from....drivers side has about 1/2 pint of water in this morning, it's dripping from the top front corner edge by the sun visors..

Ordered one from BeamEnds along with some 'fir tree' clips for the headlining....to replace the ones that are bound to break when I remove the front headlining to try and find where the leak from the the roof/sunroof is coming from....drivers side has about 1/2 pint of water in this morning, it's dripping from the top front corner edge by the sun visors..

An exact me-too on the leak on my 2002 90 CSW.

I think mine is the mastic sealant directly below the most forward part of the guttering.

The car's under warranty, so Lancaster are sorting it out, I have a Freelander 2 TD4 S courtesy car to play with whilst gagging for me proper Landy back :)

• 12 years later...