Door lock

Hi Guys went to look my landy and the key kept turning and then the lock cylinder came out with the key.

Is it just a clip which holds the lock in place or do I need to and goi and buy more bits.

Cheers

Mark

If my memory serves me correctly there is a small screw that retains the lever that operates the lock, when that is undone the barrel comes out with the key.

I'll see if I can find some pictures for you.

Colin.

If my memory serves me correctly there is a small screw that retains the lever that operates the lock, when that is undone the barrel comes out with the key.

I'll see if I can find some pictures for you.

Colin.

many thanks colin

many thanks colin

OK, finally found it, it's dead centre of the attached picture.

If your are lucky the screw is still in position or amongst all the rubbish that collects in the bottom of the door, if you look at the back of the barrel you will get an idea of what thread size you are looking for, I think the screw is about 10mm long.

post-12380-1236599229_thumb.jpg

To get to the screw, you have to either take apart the inner frame of the door or....

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?s=&s...st&p=311711

The second picture in that post, you can see I've drilled a small hole in the inner frame to allow me to remove/replace the screw in question without major dissasembly.

So the small access hole (about an Inch square) I had in mine wasn't standard then? :unsure:

Hmm, might have been. I dunno, I can only pass judgement on my doors.

There may well be an access hole in other versions, if so then all the better.

The access hole was in my '89 110 Hicap, from memory it looked original or perhaps had just been done well a long time ago. Looking at your picture I think it almost filled that little corner where your hole is, just a square hole with rounded corners.

I will have to have a look at my '94 130 doors next time I have the door cards off, when I did the lock barrel on that one I took the whole of the panel out to sort out a sticky window winder at the same time, so I didn't take much notice. If it's not there I will do the same as you have.

Colin.