tell me about.......

freeagent

i remember reading a thread over on the 'other place' about using the rubber doughnut shaped spring isolators that Discovery TD5's use, on other landrovers...

i would like to lift the rear end of my disco 300Tdi by about an inch to compensate for a heavy load, and have thought about using these things to achieve this... :huh:

so tell me all about them, do they go above or below the spring? do they fit series 1 disco's, and does anyone have a part number for them? are they mega expensive, and are they easy to fit?

cheers in advance... :)

m@tt. :)

Depends which ones you mean.

The spring isolators fitted to the Discovery 1, part number ANR2938, will fit any RR/90/Disco spring or 110 fronts. They give about 0.3 inch lift, you can fit them both top and bottom which of course doubles that. They are fitted original equipment on Discovery 300Tdi age vehicles, on the top of the rear springs only.

There is also a "rubberised shock turret retainer" on the front of a Discovery 2 which I don't have a p/no for and I think that is a little bigger.

But to get a known lift, my suggestion would be spring lifters the likes of which are manufactured by Mill Services (and others) and are available in a range of sizes. I have a set of 1.5" ones on the back of my 90. Dead easy to fit and you know exactly what lift you are getting, they are made in 0.5" 1" 1.5" and 2" off the shelf, and other sizes can be ordered I think.

The ANR2938 are about a fiver each and I can't remember how much Richard's spring lifters are but if you type Mill Services into google it'll come up. Something like £25 a pair IIRC, cheaper than new springs anyway :)

If the bit you are on about is the bit I think you are on about then they will not give you sufficient ( if any ) lift as such.

The simplest way is to put some 1" packers under your rear spring seats - I sell them in steel fabrication or solid aluminium billet type. You could always make some packers yourself if yopu are half handy with a drill / hacksaw......

David

LLAMA 4x4

i remember reading a thread over on the 'other place' about using the rubber doughnut shaped spring isolators that Discovery TD5's use, on other landrovers...

i would like to lift the rear end of my disco 300Tdi by about an inch to compensate for a heavy load, and have thought about using these things to achieve this... :huh:

so tell me all about them, do they go above or below the spring? do they fit series 1 disco's, and does anyone have a part number for them? are they mega expensive, and are they easy to fit?

cheers in advance... :)

m@tt. :)

Have a look HERE for some pics of the bits you're after. (you'll have to scroll down the page - part nos. ANR2938 & RBC100111)

Matt