Discovery 200 Series Indicator Warning Light

honitonhobbit

With an MoT coming up, I've been checking out my '93 model year prior to the test as I really hate it failing. I've had a few issues over the last few months with the indicator dash warning light. Firstly it got a bit random and then failed completely. However the trailer warning light was fine. No indicator warning light is an MOT fail

Replacing the bulb is not straightforward. It's a total pain in the backside unless you have 8" long fingers, each equipped with an extra knuckle. I had to take the binnacle apart anyway to remove unused radio switches and to replace two back light bulbs (Lucas LLB286 12v/1.2w and available in LED form ). The binnacle is easy to take apart - four screws, two under the top lip above the instrument cluster and two under the bottom lip below the instrument cluster. To swap the warning light bulbs out , you need to remove the four retaining screws for the cluster then gently bend up the metal frame to slide the lugs out AND undo the speedo cable. This is a bit fiddly.

BUT and it's a big but, before you do this pick up a spare flasher relay - preferably Hella but the Bearmach option is quite well made - and swap out the old one. This is a five minute job. The unit is behind the panel that accesses the fuses and is on the RHS of the steering column. bend the mound towards you to make it easy to slip the old relay out. You'll most likely find that sorts your problem!