RRC with D2 NAS hitch

Shackleton

Because my D2 was originally an Aussie car it has the North American spec receiver tow hitch on it. I've been able to make up different attachments for it and use it with conventional ball and with pin hitches too. In the USA there are lights and steps and even BBQ's available to fit in the receiver :lol:

Anyway [some of] the same versatility is available from other hitches that have a ball and pin incorporated but there is potential for whatever you need with the NAS hitch. It will take whatever you see fit to weld to a standard piece of box section, it's far less invasive to your departure angle than most [especially as you can remove the hitch] and it's rated for 3500kg. I dare say it's a little more refined looking for the RR.

So with the D2 and RRC chassis being non identical twins, I got a second NAS hitch to put on my Vogue. It fits right up to the back but the brace bars are just about 10mm too short to meet the chassis bolt points on the RRC. The local forge man let on some extensions for me [he always welds anything that needs to be rated for me] and while there's still some 'making nice' to do the jobs a good 'un. Thought that might flick some switches for folk on here. 

There's a little bit on the job in the Vogue section of the latest episode of my resto project. hth / is interesting.