To keep heat out - Foam or Butyl insulation ?

I am currently rebuilding my 1989 110 CSW and have removed the original Closed cell foam with a reflective foil on it one side when stripping her down. Which is better to replace this original insulation on the bulkhead and under the floors especially where the exhaust runs- The closed cell foam with foil on one side or the Butyl with foil on them?

Sound deadening would be a plus - however keeping as much heat out as possible is what I am looking for. 

I already have the wright offroad mats that I will be refitting.

Presumably you're talking about the inside of the engine-bay.

In which case I'd say you really need the reflective-surfaced stuff - and make sure whatever you buy is graded fire-proof! The exhaust downpipe on a well-exercised turbodiesel often glows a nice dull red and you don't want flammable foam anywhere near that!

These are the pieces that I am talking about. My 1989 was a Turbo Diesel and had all of these pieces. I do not want to pay stupid money for the original items, so was looking to see if the foil foam insulation - which seems a like for like replacement is the way to go. I do not want to be sticking the insulation on the inside of the vehicle, as when if the gearbox etc. needs fixing I want to be able to take out the floor panels etc..

insulation.jpg

example foil foam stuff.JPG