rear seating 90 pick up - another thread

Morning,

I have been doing some research on numerous forums trying to find some answers and experience regarding rear seats as so many mixed answers

I have a 1989 90 pick up, down on the log book as a 3 seater (currently only two as no middle seat fitted)
I am going to covert the solid cab back into the soft top cab back and I want to fit some bench seats in the back which I believe you cant use lap belts with

My questions are:
1) Is it easy enough to get dvla to change log book to show the extra seats so I can insure it with them extra seats. I have found that children under 12 are also not allowed in side way facing seats.

2) Am I allowed the side way facing rear seats on a 1989 year land rover?

Thanks

only minibus,normal bus & cos he's need the seat capacity on the reg document or if the subject vehicle will be used for private hire,taxi work that passengers pay a fare in, no need for private vehicles, my 110 is a 12 seated but been 5 seats for years, no listing of seats on my reg doc.