L322 TDV8 3.6 suspension fault

benjwom23

Hi all,

I have an issue with my suspension. Car showed a message: 'Suspension fault - Max speed 30mph' shortly after entering a 60mph road. I stopped the car, turned it off and back on, cycled through the suspension heights: it lowered at normal speed, came back up to 'normal' height quickly and started to go up to off road height quickly but then stopped displaying a 'vehicle raising slowly' message. I cycled through a few times and each time after it went up and down fine.

I drove steadily for the remainder of the journey (10 miles or so on slow roads) with no issues shown. On the way home the same thing happened shortly after entering the next 60mph road. When I parked and turned off the engine a few minutes later the rear right suspension was way down, much lower than 'access' height. The rest of the suspension was also low, but I assumed it was trying to self level(?) I started it up again and it climbed to normal height. It has since sat at normal height since. 

My assumptions are: it goes up and down fine, so it isn't the compressor. It sits at normal height for 48 hours without leaking so there isn't a leak. It is either a height sensor or more unluckily an intermittent sticking valve (staying open after the car thinks it has closed). I have a diagnostic booked this afternoon, which I am hoping the car will have stored the fault and will know what the problem is and which corner caused it if it is a height sensor? I haven't managed to get it to break again though.

Assuming it is a sensor, can anybody point me in the right direction for the part numbers please? It is a 2007 TDV8 L322.

I have found for the rear: LR032106, RQH500440, RQH500441, LR020629, RQH500451, RQH500450, LR020628, LR032105 as fitting 2002 - 2009 models but also RQH100030 (which is much cheaper) fitting 2002 - 2004 or 2002-2009 depending on where you read.

Front seems much more simple: LR020626 Left and LR020627 for Right?

Thank you,

Ben