Help required for my 2.4 TDCI PUMA

Hi,

I have noticed on several occasions that my engine will stall when I’m coasting up to a Junction or traffic signals. The idle will start erratic and hunt for a few seconds, if I then move off there is a slight miss and then picks up again. If I don’t move off the engine will stall. I then need to switch the ignition off and on again to start the engine. I’m just wondering what areas to look at? Any common problems here? 

Many thanks in advance

owen. 

Yeah, I have took the lend of a friends RAC tough book with the software on it to read and test sensors. Nothing showing, no DTC codes. I actually thought it might be the EGR valve as the exhaust tailpipe is very sooty. The engine sometimes feels slightly hesitant at low revs then once the turbo ramps up it ok. I was going to remove the potentiometer on the pedal and remove the EGR for cleaning. Not sure what else to look at. The MAF sensor was removed and cleaned. However it made no noticeable difference before or after.