P38 Remote key fobs not working

greengrass21

Firstly many thanks for members assistance so far with my restart problem.

While I'm on here I have an issue with the remote key fobs,have put new batteries in both,but they still won't work,can unlock car and start and drive car ok on the key only,bit frustrated at not being able to use remotes but not a major issue at the moment,any help would be much appreciated,can they be refurbished/rebuilt.

Have to tried syncing the remotes? You put the key in the door and lock (or unlock) while pressing the corresponding button on the remote. That should mate the code transmited to the alarm.

Also, make sure you have the EKA (emergency access code) when using just the key. Should the alarm be triggered, you wont be able to start the engine with just the key.

Filip

Many thanks for info once again,have not tried syncing remotes as yet,have only had rr for a few months so trying to sort out all previous owners little niggles that he didn't tell me about,good news is though he still had the original dealer card with the EKA and Radio codes on it.Will try when I have a spare few minutes.