Original nanocom pinout

Hi All,

please can somebody assist.

i bought a nanocom many years ago and it was quite useful but there were a few bugs so it ended up on one of many toolboxes.

Td5 seems a bit down on power after starting and I’d like to run some diagnostics - problem is I’ve misplaced my yellow nanocom cable- I’ve got cat5 connectors and obd connectors to hand so I’m just looking for the pin out of the original nanocom please - I’ve been in touch with black box solutions but they only really want to sell me a new lead at £60 which I’m not going to do as I can build one for free using what I have if I can only work out the wiring 

If not then that £60 will have to go towards a new scanner but it won’t be nanocom

many thanks in advance 

BBS have lost the plot in my opinion. Customer service is dreadful, upgrades are as much as buying a new unit. The machines themselves are so buggy they might be good when they decide to work. If you do buy another code reader Hawkeye Total reads most LR models on one licence and works each time!

I have a nanocom for the D2 and some functions dont work despite firmware upgrades etc. The BBS owner told me i should just think myself lucky I own one of their machines! 

I looked at what I needed to purhase to give the nanocom D3 functions since I already had it, but I would have to have bought a new lead (because the D2 one is a cheaper version thats not compatible with the later models - the D3 cable is compatible with the d2 though) and a licence upgrade and the total was more than i paid for the crappy nanocom in the first place!!

Hawkeye Total cost less than the upgrade to the nanocom, works a lot more smoothly and the only things I dont think it can do is transfer fuel maps and program keys. 

Doesnt help too much but I share your frustration with BBS and thoughts on the nanocom!

Edited by reb78