BAD SERVICE

Guest WALFY

Hoping to do a rebuild of my motor in the near future. Got the bulkhead from Bearmach before xmas. Still got to get round to fitting it.

As my doors are well past their best I've decided to put 2 new doors on. Went round a few breakers and looked at 2nd hand stuff but it's no better than mine. So sold a few bits and rung around for quotes. The best was a big parts place in N Kent but not Bearmach. Quoted me £200 plus the dreaded.

Waited till after I got back to Kent and phoned them to order the doors. They had none in stock and weren't prepared to order them in for me :angry:

Gave Bearmach a call and they almost matched the price but it is now for a GENUINE door ;) . Ordered it yesterday and will be here tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on with it.

Good for Bearmach, but really bad for others parts dealers not to far from them. To get that low a price for a gen door is pretty good. But I have known the staff there for the last 6 yrs or so.

Will do a bulkhead thread when I get round to it James. Going one piece doors. They shopuld be going to Somerset soon to get painted in a nice subtle shade of Orange.

No damp in my rooms. Off to the mess for a couple of weeks. Then into my new apartment. 3rd floor for me. Penthouse I think they call it ;)

Hope all goes well for your event on sat. Shame I can't make it.