Graz

Graz

I have recently had my Range Rover Sport (2017) Stolen, I had bought it via an approved dealer and had the Land Rover "In control" tracker.  Little did i know, as I have never owned such an expensive and nice vehicle, that the "In control" tracker expires after a period of time.  I believed I had a tracker for the life of the vehicle.  Anyway my insurance will not pay out as they required/stipulated that i must have an active tracker.  It was only when i called Land Rover to advise my vehicle had been stolen and could you track my vehicle that Land Rover advised me that my subscription (of which i did not even know there was a subscription) had expired.  Has anyone else been caught out like this? 

8 hours ago, Snagger said:

That’s awful news.  Have you tried speaking to the ombudsman?  A complete refusal for any claim seems unduly harsh.

Yeah I am going through them at the moment although the feedback from legal representatives are doubtful on a positive result.  However looking to go after Land Rover as I was not aware the tracker expired let alone required a subscription.  I was hoping to find people who have been through similar situations as I feel there has been a flaw in Land Rovers process to ensure I was notify of this fundamental fact especially considering most insurers require an active tracker and now I’m left without a car and a finance lease still to pay.

Well, it seems LR or the franchise would have an obligation to make sure you’re aware of the tracker contract and it’s expiry, since it’s so fundamental to the insurance.  That may be an angle to pursue.  I hope you get a fair resolution.  Thanks for giving us all a good warning.

New member here, after reading what happened to you, I visited their website about Incontrol and read all about terms and conditions.

It is freightening how much they covered their asses and pretty much accept no responsibility for a system that is supposed to "protect" our cars. 

Good luck to you mate, I hope you can either find your stolen car or get the insurance money. 

It is mind-boggling how unreliable the company acts in this matter....