Discovery 4 roof leak help.

Poppy Ann

I have a leak from the roof and I know it is not the sun roof as my discovery 4 does not have one, I first found out when I had a passenger in the front seat which is unusual for me my friend had only been in the car for a couple of minutes she got out and it looked like she had wet herself I kept checking each time I was in the car I could not work out where it was coming from as there was nothing showing on the roof lineing I was thinking that one of my water bottles had been leaking but last weekend it was raining and I saw that the over head light was dripping I have nothing that goes through the roof it has never had a roof rack so any ideas of wear to check will be welcome 

regards Poppy Ann. 

Leaks  can be tricky to pinpoint, and I have never had a D4 but the two obvious candidates would be either the top of the windscreen (recently replaced?) or the roof rails, have the  rails had roof bars or racks attached? Probably need some steps to have a closer look. If you find a likely spot then use  a water bottle or watering can to check and see if you can prove it. 

If its a windscreen problem, then it is easiest to call in the professionals to replace it, .... a roof rail might just be a case of removal cleaning and re-sealing, unless  there is underlying  damage. HTSH

Welcome to the forum btw

Thanks for your reply, I dont think it will be the windscreen as the leak only appears when parked up not when moving I will try and see if I can get to the roof rails a few years ago doing this type of work was easy but now I have trouble just standing up so crawling around a car trying to do a little work is so annoying as my body tells me it is worn out so give it a break and just pay someone to do the work.

Again thanks for your reply.