Odometer TD5, on defender 200TD

• western changed the title to Odometer TD5, on defender 200TD

On Td5white/orange wire is low fuel warning

on a 200Tdi low fuel warning light wire is White/grey 

OnTd5 the speedo internal circuits controls the fuel gauge & low fuel light,

you can just connect the 200tdi white/grey direct to the dash low fuel warning light, no need to go through the speedo plug/circuit.

55 minuti fa, Western ha detto:

Abbastanza sicuro di non quello collegato, dai un'occhiata e leggi il thread del tachimetro Wibbly Wobbly qui, molte informazioni lì

Ok, I'm waiting for the transducer and I'll let you know, another question if you don't mind, the arrows of the 200 have only one wire or 2 wires, since they only go to one illuminator?

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 1:41 PM, Pino54 said:

Ok, I'm waiting for the transducer and I'll let you know, another question if you don't mind, the arrows of the 200 have only one wire or 2 wires, since they only go to one illuminator?

On the green indicator arrows 1 wire is for the left ind 1 for the right ind, just connect these to the td5 warning panel plug the wire colour code is the same, thats all I did, the warning light panel had its own earth/ground wires. 

23 minutes ago, Pino54 said:
We need a little help, the fuel reserve of the tdi 300 does not turn on, 
something wrong?

IMG_9632.jpg

Some 300tdi vehicles didn't have the low fuel level light connected or fitted at the tank sender unit, 

If your sender only has 2 wires, the low fuel light is inoperative. 

15 hours ago, western said:

Alcuni veicoli da 300 tdi non avevano la spia del livello di carburante basso collegata o montata sull'unità trasmettitore del serbatoio, 

Se il tuo mittente ha solo 2 fili, la spia di basso livello di carburante non è operativa. 

What can I do to fix it? put back the chit that I am attaching?

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9636.jpg

IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg

If the tank sender only has a ground on plain black wire & a signal wire for the gauge, you can leave the low fuel light disconnected, it is NOT a fuel reserve light. 

200tdi wiring diagram in 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/75135-200tdi-wiring-diagram/&ved=2ahUKEwj186jh96z2AhXNTsAKHWOhB2kQFnoECEAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1uPM8gSXvI2kRggemxI-rN

Unità mittente serbatoio carburante 110 dal 1991 al 1998 (OEM) AMR1495

Unità mittente serbatoio carburante 110 Early (OEM) PRC8463 *Disponibile*

Unità sensore serbatoio carburante per 110 modelli Defender dal 1983 al 1991 (fino al numero di telaio JA915359) e modelli a benzina dal 1983 al 1986.

Questo è in metallo con un tubo di raccolta del carburante, i modelli successivi ne hanno uno in plastica.I don't know what to do and take which one

If you want the low fuel warning light to work use the 3 connection early sender & add a 3rd wire from sender to dash. 

But if you only have 2 wires at the sender connection you will need the later sender, the vehicle is not wired for the low fuel warning light. 

1 hour ago, Pino54 said:

Question: which one has three wires, I always see two.

grazie :)

The early one has 3 wires, 1 to fuel gauge, 1 to low fuel light & ground to the stud between the 2 spade terminal tubes, there is a post on here that gives info on which wire goes to which terminal,