93 Classic Rover Swap ABS to Non-ABS re Procedure & Parts (Does original mounting plate at Firewall need replacement?)

2dosborn

Good day, I hope someone who has swapped classic range rovers ABS Brakes with NON_ABS can lend their lessons and instruction please....

On my 93 Range Rover Classic LWB, I need advice on swapping the original ABS electronic pump system with a non-abs system.

The question is - that there is a mounting plate bolted to the firewall to which original brake components are mounted.

? Does this plate at the firewall have to be replaced with a plate configured for the non-abs vacuum and other components?

Or, is the original plate designed for either ABS or NON_ABS configurations?

FYI: I decided to do the swap after the following:

1. I blew the master-fuse & lost brakes, I replaced all relays & fuses. No resolution.

2. Next, replaced the Accumulator, no restitution

3. Almost there: Replaced Brake Pump & Pressure Switch - Bled system & the new pump feebly sputtered on, not pressurizing. I jumped the connection w/hot wire & she fired up as it should.

4. Replaced the computer - no impact.  Hot-wired the + and - connections to the computer to make sure she got power & ground, no results. 

In your step 3: if the pump runs as it should when wired directly, surely the problem is in the wiring?

For what it's worth, I did a conversion for a client last year. He supplied most of the parts, as far as I know no changes were needed on the pedalbox or bulkhead, the vacuum booster bolts on the same way as the ABS valve block. You do need to change some of the pipes, but that didn't matter as the car needed all new brake pipes anyway.