Trailer wiring

Badger110

Moving along with the trailer, i need to upgrade the charging system.

I've installed another 100W solar panel, which makes 2 and i have a twin input solar MPPt controller i picked up which is then wired into the battery.

However i want to fit Electric hook up as well as utilise the vehicle charging output via the grey towing plug when on the move.

Do i need a 3 way ( like this; https://simplysplitcharge.co.uk/3-Way-Chargers/nds-power-service-gold-30-tripple-charger-30amp-dc-dc-20amp-mains-240v-250-watt-solar.html )  or can i just wire a 240v > 12v battery charger ( like this https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/victron-blue-smart-ip22-battery-charger-12v-15a-1-output-bluetooth-built-in.html ) for hook up duties via a consumer unit.  Also wire in the alternator feed to the batteries and keep the solar MPPT controller to provide the solar aspect or are they all likely to argue which each other and i end up blowing something up?

I did have a 12v battery charger in the truck which was via a Electric hook up, solar via a MPPT and a split relay for the DC>DC charging and it all worked, but the battery charger went wonky, i'm not sure if it was because i had it set up this way or a duff unit ( i suspect the later )

I'm happy to pay out for something which will work and do the job, but if it's a waste of money then i'll be happier to keep it simple 

• 1 month later...

The good thing about asking this sort of questions is, i get to come back and answer it myself :D

What did i do? 

F. all as i found something else to do and now the Landy is getting all my attention, the trailer is out in the yard looking bit forlorn

I will get round to this conundrum in the next month once i finished the job i started on the landy 3 years ago...so not long to wait for an update  :ph34r: