300Tdi timing belt tensioner new type.?

Gren_T

Hi chaps,

I've bought a timing belt kit from paddocks - supposedly OEM, it contains a Dayco belt as per OEM however the tensioner and Idler are in a Britpart box and neither are stamped with a manufacturers identification of any kind.

this is not detailed in the website info, If the manufacturer won't put their name on it I don't want to rely on it after buying a new short engine.!

So on to my question ... is there a difference in the "new" tensioner  as shown on the Bearmach site. https://www.bearmach.com/product/belt-tensioners-enbibite/timing-belt-tensioner-new-version-suitable-for-defender-discovery-1-and-range-rover-classic-vehicle-2-5l-300tdi-lhp10086/LHP10086

or is it a hang over from the early belt misalignment issue.

I think I'll buy from BM in the future at least on their website you can see the origin of the parts.

Cheers all

That is all correct.  The early timing sprockets had guides on the idler and plain crank sprocket, but they moved the guides to the crank sprocket when they sorted the alignment issues.

BM generally have reasonable quality.  BP are all over the place, with some good stuff but mostly scrap.