2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 tyre/wheel question

Smiffy3012

Good morning all. I wish to purchase 4 new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/55/18 tyres but it apears the only size available for my wheels is 255/65R18.
I realise that this will throw speedo out slightly, but as I live on a farm having extra grip whilst on frosty and muddy fields would be an advantage. The car has only covered 71,000 miles from new so is not abused and is fully serviced. Can anyone offer any advice? I've heard people have remaps etc but is this strictly necessary?
Thanks in advance

Smiffy

The re-map is really a separate issue, the minor size change you propose won't noticeably affect performance. The 55 profile  tyres are available but generally are more road biased treads.  If it is definitely the Wrangler you want then go for it, I don't think you will really notice the difference. As it happens I have  65's (road tread) on my P38, only because they were quite a bit cheaper at the time. The side walls bulge a wee bit more and the spare is a very tight fit in the underfloor wheel well but apart ffrom that I don't notice the difference.  Coincidentally my speedo is nearer the mark with them.

There is a tyre size calculator in the menu HERE, and lots of other good stuff for D2 owners