D2 immobiliser/central locking issues

Jim-Bob

Sorry for the long post…I’ve taken the D2 for a holiday, it’s rewarded me by being nothing but unreliable!

Tried reading/resetting the three amigos before setting off, tried twice and both times my nanocom failed to communicate with the ECU, thought it was weird but carried on regardless assuming it was just  not in the mood being a discovery diva as they do…

Drove 400 odd miles, stopped several times without issue, stopped one last time for some shopping, came back to a half dead truck, turned the key and lost everything! No lights on the dash at all, checked the fuses all fine, wriggled the battery terminals (they need replacing as only just grab the battery terminals) and the interior light popped on, turned the key and away she went?! Got to our destination, unloaded, locked up, all fine.

Went out the next day started fine, took a while to lock on the button, knew battery probably needed changing in the key so didn’t think much of it, came back to it a couple of hours later, remote central locking not working, unlocked manually had to enter EKA code to start, got back left it unlocked hoping for not immobiliser issues this morning…

Went to go out this morning, immobilised itself without being locked?! Started after EKA code entered. Went out replaced key fob battery, remote central locking still not working, locked on the key. Came back still not remote locking, unlocked on the key, immobilised again so EKA code to start again…

So each time I leave it now, locked or unlocked I lose the radio memory, trip odometer and it’s immobilised so needs the EKA code, which is already becoming a tedious job, will be glad to get home and leave it parked up until I can get the issues resolved!

Any ideas on which bits I need to consider replacing first?! Seems like it’s multiple things that have failed?!

Checked the voltages tonight and I’m getting 14.48v charging and 12.8v with the engine off, battery is only just over a year old so fairly certain it’s not a voltage issue relating to battery or alternator!

Any help much appreciated! And once I know which parts are needed I will be heading home tomorrow from Wrexham via Carmarthen then on to Oxford so if anyone can recommend a breaker on route(ish) I’ll pop by and grab the bits on the way home!

Cheers,
James

Sounds like an electrical problem, specifically with a permanent feed that causes memory to be lost (radio, odometer and alarm). As you know the battery clamps aren't good, start there. Also check earth wires from the battery and BCU. I doubt you'll need parts, more likely a bad connection somewhere.