Fuel Tank Sender and harness

So started trying to sort out the electrics on the 110.

Background:

200 tdi 110 rewired with ROW bulkhead loom (not currently a problem and it was cheap from Main Stealer)

New chassis loom (possibly TD5 or late 300 tdi as has multipin for towing flapping about in the wind.....)

Original fuel tank and sender (no effing idea  if it had low fuel level light as its been 20 years or so since the old tank became incontinent due to rust).

Now I have been reliably (????) informed that the sender unit currently installed  will not work with the rest of the chassis/bulkhead/random bits of wiring also currently present.

Having a bit of a fiddle (read lying on my back in the nettles that seem to proliferate when fed with EP90 from the leaking diff  cover) I found another unused multipin econoseal style plug having a rest on top of the fuel tank, which I'm assuming, based on wire colours, is the main harness link to the sender (its long enough).

So has anyone got the foggiest idea which tank sender unit and link lead I need to make it work? I'm assuming a 300 tdi sender, but there appear to be approx 3817 harnesses that join the buggers together......

I HATE ELECTRICKERY

Edited by JeffR