Td5 don't start... Crank but no fuel ?

transpalette84

Hi,

I'm new here and I have read all thread without solution for me.

My 15p 2003 don't start after a travel of 500km without problem. Start ever at the first time without problem but for the first time, run correctly after the 3 start. And it's was the last time.

I have 4 bar of pressure, checked with a gauge.

I have check :

- oil in hardness and ECU

- no ecu error with nanocom (I have only crank high speed after a test to start) and injector test clic ok and no immobilizer 

- bleed valve, duckbill non return valve, new fuel filter and new pump. No leak from filter housing.

- ckp sensor show 190/200rpm with nanocom with starter (new battery + booster) and no engine problem before 

I have a dry fuel engine, no smoke nothing. I can boost engine with a small Star pilote in the air filter but no gazole and stall fast

it's my first Land Rover and it's a pain for me at this time.

I have read filter inside frp and injector seal but : it's compatible with a suddenly not starting engine ?

Thank for your help

*I'm french, sorry for my bad English 

Hi,

I know this one bear, i have order the kit to test this option.

I have change my CKP last night, no change : 180 rpm and start turn but dry of fuel.

But i have found this thing on my fuse boxe : a ground wire on the pin 2 of the C0573 connector on the engine fuse box ?!

I clean and test without after the work.

no mud or dust inside connector but i have a clean fuxebox in spare

IMG_20231023_220805.jpg

IMG_20231023_220925__01.jpg

Edited by transpalette84

I installed a new starter and the engine started without problem.

The old one hardly works anymore, in my last tests it was almost completely dead.
I think I completed my original starter during my many starting attempts with the fuel problem and air cavitation in the pump.

Only that doesn't explain why I have to have pin 7 2 grounded in connector C0573 to be able to crank the starter.
I would like to understand the real problem to make it more reliable.

I tested two BCUs and IDMs with no difference.
Engine ECU should not intervene in the starter? I will still be able to test with a second ECU to be certain.

What do you recommend to start my search?

Thank you.

Edited by transpalette84