2006 Td5 Gearbox Plugs

Hi all, I was under my 2006 defender looking for the gearbox filler and drain plugs and admittedly couldn't for a while but turns out it's because, at least i think, it hasn't got the right plugs. They fit but don't match the appearance of what the workshop manual shows. I've attached a picture for reference, haven't had a chance to clean the muck off yet. Could it be the previous owner not having the right ones on hand or perhaps a gearbox change? I've only recently bought my defender and am quite new to their mechanics so anything any of you can tell me about it will be great. 

20240121_110341.jpg

They do get swapped - the fill plug is usually a T55 torx bit - and the drain a hex head with magnetic pick up (though I’ve seen plenty with the square plug, mine included)

Can’t tell if your drain is a torx or the square one. You can swap it when you change the fluids if you want to? 

By the looks of they're both square plugs, if squares are commonly used then thats alright. They clearly do the job and they'll last until I replace them with the torx and hex plugs 

Update. After clearing off the muck and upon closer inspection, the fill plug is the t55 torx bit which I currently don't own so I won't be doing an oil change today but at least now I know for sure. 

The drain on mine is quite a large diameter, and I did not have a suitable copper washer, had to improvise by converting a large copper coin, but worth getting a washer in advance