Warn 26626 help getting up and running

Hi, I picked up a 1992 YJ that came with a Warn 26626 Winch but no remote. I've got the Jeep running and now want to make sure i've got a functional winch. I don't have a remote to test it with and i'm struggling finding documentation online for this model. Any helpful tips to point in the right direction of where or what to test to see how functional the winch is? 

HI

You dont need the remote to test, you could insert wires into the winch remote pin holes, one will be a permanent live once isolator is on, find the live and then touch one of the other two wires onto the live and providing your winch is wired up and the motor is ok you should get the winch to turn, the other wire touched onto the live will cause the winch to turn in the other direction

If your test is successful then you could track down a remote lead or better still buy one of the heavy duty solenoid conversion kits and do away with the remote lead and have a couple of remote control units instead

A word of caution when testing ensure nothing is able to be caught in winch drum when testing ( I would free spool cable off for testing ) as they have terrific power and can be very dangerous in the hands of an inexperienced operator ( not saying you are that though )

Hope this helps regards Stephen