Lo-fi forum

Mark

right now, i am sitting on my sofa perusing the forum with my newest toy - an hp ipaq pocket pc.

so, i was poking around when i found a link to the lo-fi version of the forum - and it is precisely what is required when using a tiny screen! well done whoever thought of it!

only one slight issue is that i cannot seem to post or reply from the lo-fi version. are there any plans to change that?

cheers

mark

right now, i am sitting on my sofa perusing the forum with my newest toy - an hp ipaq pocket pc.

so, i was poking around when i found a link to the lo-fi version of the forum - and it is precisely what is required when using a tiny screen! well done whoever thought of it!

only one slight issue is that i cannot seem to post or reply from the lo-fi version. are there any plans to change that?

cheers

mark

Possibly - at the moment it's exactly as it comes with this forum software. I intend to have a look at making it more functional, but it'll only be done if we can achieve it by just hacking the theme files as I don't want to cause problems when software updates are rolled out by Invision. There's a good chance we can put links in for posting, though they may just go to the standard 'heavy' posting screens.

We might make the lo-fi version a bit prettier as well when we skin the site, but not drastically so - it'll remain very simple, high contrast and easily resizable. Good for accessibility and slow connections as well as small form factor devices.