Home projects

hairyone

I really love the old style '30s and '50s style line drawn and B/W photos of home engineering projects.

The home smelting furnace reminds me of my brother in law in N.I. who's really into to bikes and repair. He's read up on casting and has built his own furnace to create his own ally castings for repairs, powered by coal and a garden leaf blower. Last time we spoke I think he was into making steel castings as well. Not without it's problems tho, last time he was working in his shed something caught fire, he started wheeling all the bikes out of the shed and down the 45 degree 12 foot drop slope between the shed and the house, anyway when he came to the large enduro bike halfway down he realised he had removed the brekes for repair :D

black and white old school cool :)

a friend set fire to the fuel tank on his XS11 in his garage - did the sensible thing and threw it out the door where it promptly landed under his car and torched that instead

his other claim to fame was the skanky carpet in his garage - soaked in brake fluid and oil, he rode into the garage and hit the breaks and stuffed his forks (and knackers) when the wall finally stopped forward progress.. :blink:

:ph34r:

black and white old school cool :)

a friend set fire to the fuel tank on his XS11 in his garage - did the sensible thing and threw it out the door where it promptly landed under his car and torched that instead

his other claim to fame was the skanky carpet in his garage - soaked in brake fluid and oil, he rode into the garage and hit the breaks and stuffed his forks (and knackers) when the wall finally stopped forward progress.. :blink:

:ph34r:

Thanks for this Dolly, best laugh all day!

Bob :)